Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Best auto repair shop in town; trustworthy, accurate and exceptional customer service. Great place, I reccomend them!!!
M. J. Menendez, 06/09/2021
Service was done promptly and now I can ride in a vehicle knowing it's safe. I also appreciate that Marty"s doing a vehicle check to find anything that could be a potential problem. I completely trust taking my vehicle to Marty's for my automotive servicing.
David Melvin, 04/07/2021
I was in Illinois visiting people and my van kept overheating in the days before I was to drive back to Florida. I called a AAA recommended garage and they couldn't get me in for a week but the guy at Robinson's said he wouldn't go anywhere other than Marty's. Then a friend of a friend said she had been using Marty's for years. So I called Marty's at 10:30 am, they got me in and diagnosed just after 1:00 pm and completed the repairs by 4:00 pm. I drove 18 hours straight the next morning and my mini-van purred like a kitten with no issues whatsoever. I highly recommend Marty's for their expertise, professionalism and superb customer service. RIP Marty, I hope the shop is in capable hands since Marty's unexpected passing.
Brett Camper, 03/21/2021